The 5 Day 4WD Kakadu Tour explores Kakadu National Park at its best.The tour visits the special permit area of Koolpin Gorge as well as seeing Jim Jim Falls, Twin Falls, Barramundi Gorge, Nourlangie Rock and Gunlom Falls.
This tour is designed for the fit and active adventure.
Operates only July and August, departing each Tuesday.
Pick up from 06.30am in Darwin, maximum of 9 passengers.
- Pick up from accommodation approx 7.30am
- Drive to Kakadu via the old Jim Jim road stopping off at white lily billabong for a stretch and some morning tea.
- Then its off to Gunlom, there is a walk to the top of the waterfall for a swim in the refreshing pools and a great lookout, there is also a beach at the base of the falls that leads to a large plunge pool.
- Tonight we camp at Gunlom by the waterfall, Showers and toilets are available.
- Today we could spend the day exploring Koolpin Gorge, this is a restricted area that we have a special permit to enter. This is one of my personal favourite spots in Kakadu.
- Camp Gunlom, showers and toilets, dinner cooked on the campfire.
- Drive north to Maguk (Barramundi Gorge) there is a 1km walk through paperbark forests that lead us to a beautiful plunge pool that is both cool and safe to swim in.
- Afternoon we make our way further north to Jim Jim Falls.
- Today we visit the iconic Jim Jim falls and Twin falls.
- We start with an early morning cruise up to Twin falls, with towering cliffs and deep water the colours are fantastic, but no swimming here.
- The walk into Jim Jim falls is rewarded with a cool relaxing swim in a plunge pool surrounded by cliffs.
- A great way to finish the day is a 2hr Sunset cruise on the famous Yellow Waters.
- Tonight we Camp at Mardugal, Showers and toilets available.
- This morning we visit Nourlangie Rock, an ancient aboriginal occupational and art site, here we can explore these sites before walking up to Gunwhardewharde lookout for an exceptional view of this region.
- We then stop off to visit Bowali information centre.
- As we make are way back to Darwin we will call in to the Mamakala wetlands to see the incredible bird life viewed from a platform over the billabong.
- Return to Darwin 05:30pm approx
Itinerary may be done in reverse at Guides discretion.
All itineraries are subject to change without notice due to seasonal and extreme weather conditions, national park road or attraction closures and cultural commitments from Traditional owners.
All tours must be reconfirmed 24 hrs prior to travel.